Sunday, 11 September 2011
Friday, 11 December 2009
Citrix Metaframe allows you to run your applications that you have at your work from anywhere in the world or on your LAN. It doesnt matter if you are using dialup modem, DSL, ISDN or T1 to access citrix remotely. To work with Citrix, i.e, to have citrix metaframe (the main console), we need to have an enhanced version of Windows NT 4.0 (Terminal server Edition), Windows 2k (with terminal services installed) or Win 2k3.
Then we add Citrix metaframe, a product which allows multiple users to access multiple applications on the Citrix server at the same time. About the bandwidth, it uses around 10K to 20K per connection. Hence 28k dial-up modem is enough access Citrix Server. Its like.. the screen shots are sent to user and in return every mouse-clicks and response from the user is sent back to the server. Citrix software runs on a high performance Pentium PC and usually a single processor citrix server will support upto 15 simultaneous client connections.
(Will surely come back on this)...
Sunday, 20 September 2009
Well.. Virtuallization isnt a new term for me but I've not worked much on it. Since my company is implementing this technology and I have a very important role in the process, I thought of surfing the net and get some poits to be remembered. Following is an article I got from the vmware site.
Top 5 Reasons to Adopt Virtualization Software:
1. Get more out of your existing resources: Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
2. Reduce datacenter costs by reducing your physical infrastructure and improving your server to admin ratio: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements. Better management tools let you improve your server to admin ratio so personnel requirements are reduced as well.
3. Increase availability of hardware and applications for improved business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
4. Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
5. Improve desktop manageability and security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
Wednesday, 8 April 2009
The so called process in every IT companies for letting any project in is very complex and thats a truth. I mean complex compared to that of freelancers. The client first gives out the tender to which a quotation is sent in response by the company followed by lot of formal business meetings with the so called Business Analysts where they talk various points like total number of head counts required, details about the existing system, technical, s/w requirement specifications etc. Then, the client has to send the purchase orders to the company. Finally... then the work has begun !!!
The same procedures has to take place if the client is approching freelancers. But then, the problem arises when we think of co-ordination.